Research Centre on Work Organizations and Policies
The CERTOP is a French Research Institute, a Social Sciences research center jointly tutored by the CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research), the University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès and the University of Toulouse III – Paul Sabatier. It also hosts a Regional Research Center of the Céreq (National Research Center on Training and Qualifications).
Since 2016, the CERTOP is International Associated Laboratory (LIA) of the CNRS « Food Cultures and Health » (France- Malaysia). In this context, CERTOP is at the origin of the OVALIE platform (supported by: CNRS, University Toulouse – Jean Jaurès, Région Occitanie): experimental restaurant studying deeply the influence of physical and social contexts on eating and drinking behaviors.
Our Research Center also has institutionalized partnerships with Vietnam and Brazil, and recently with China.
Since 2012, the CERTOP is a founding member of SMS/SSW (Structuration des Mondes Sociaux/Structuring of the Social Worlds), selected by an international scientific jury as a laboratory of excellence (LabEx) and financed by the government as one of its “Investments for the future”.
The CERTOP was founded in 1994. It now counts over a hundred members, and covers a wide range of fields and disciplines aimed at the understanding of the social world. The CERTOP gathers Sociologists and researchers from other disciplines, mainly Economics and Communication Sciences.
Our Research aims to analyze the dynamics of change and of legitimization, just as much as the increased insecurity and stigmatization which characterize the contemporary social spaces.
– a collection in Sociology
– a collection regarding Gender Studies, one of the most noticeable in France
OVALIE Platform project
Experimental restaurant studying deeply the influence of physical and social contexts on eating and drinking behaviors.
Main scientific thematics
Economy and Markets / Environment, Sustainable Development / Food, Health, Tourism / Gender Studies / Organizational Learning and Social Change / Public policies, Governance, State / Risk / Training, professional Qualifications / Universities, Higher Education, Research / Work, Labor and living conditions
4 scientific research axes
This research group specifically aims at understanding changes in Gender, labor, wages, careers and specific segments of professional worlds.
- Master Genre, Egalité et Politiques Sociales (GEPS), University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès – European MASTER EGALES (Lifelong Learning Programme, ERASMUS Curriculum Development projects)
- Master Psychanalyse, Philosophie et Économie Politique du Sujet (PsyPhiEcoPolis) – University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
- Master Nouvelle Économie Sociale (NES) – University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
- Master mention Sciences sociales – parcours Sociologie des Organisations et de l’Action Publique (SOAP), University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès & University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam
This research group focuses on the Food and Health Fields, both on their relationships and on the dynamics of each.
- Master en Alimentation, ISTHIA University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
Parcours Sciences Sociales Appliquées à l’Alimentation (SSAA) – M1
- Master Sciences Sociales – Food Studies and Gastronomy (FSG) (Master of Philosophy) – Chair of Food Studies : Food, Cultures and Health – Taylor’s University, Kuala Lumpur
This research group studies the controversies linked to environmental issues, energy policies, expertise processes, risk and Tourism Studies.
- Master Tourisme Hôtellerie , ISTHIA University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
Parcours Tourisme et Développement (TD)
Parcours Management des Industries du Tourisme (MIT)
Parcours TIC Appliquées au Développementdes Territoires Touristiques (TIC ADTT) – M2
- Professional Master in International Hospitality Management – Taylor’s University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (ISTHIA University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès)
- Master Politique environnementale et Pratiques Sociales (PEPS), University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
This research group gathers Researchers who are working on the links between governance, government and markets, as well as on the growing similarities and the remaining differences between the public and private spheres.
- Master Recherche et Études Sociologiques (RES), University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
- Master Métiers de l’Enseignement et de la Formation (MEEF) – Sciences Economiques et Sociales, ESPE Toulouse – University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
- Master mention Information-Communication (M2) Communication et Culture numériques, University of Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier
Marie-Gabrielle SURAUD, Full Professor in Communication Sciences – Université Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier
Philippe LEMISTRE, Sociology and Education economics, Research engineer (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) – Céreq
Catherine SOLDANO, Associate Professor Sociology – Université Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
updated november 2018