Research Centre on Work Organizations and Policies
The CERTOP is a French Research Institute, a Social Sciences research center jointly tutored by the CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research), the University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès and the University of Toulouse III – Paul Sabatier. It also hosts a Regional Research Center of the Céreq (National Research Center on Training and Qualifications).
Since 2012, the CERTOP is a founding member of SMS/SSW (Structuration des Mondes Sociaux/Structuring of the Social Worlds), selected by an international scientific jury as a laboratory of excellence (LabEx) and financed by the government as one of its “Investments for the future”.
The CERTOP was founded in 1994. It now counts over a hundred members, and covers a wide range of fields and disciplines aimed at the understanding of the social world. The CERTOP gathers Sociologists and researchers from other disciplines, mainly Economics and Communication Sciences.
Our Research aims to analyze the dynamics of change and of legitimization, just as much as the increased insecurity and
stigmatization which characterize the contemporary social spaces.
a collection in Sociology
a collection regarding Gender Studies, one of the most noticeable in France
OVALIE Platform project
studying deeply the influence of physical and social contexts on eating and drinking behaviors
Main scientific thematics
Economy and Markets / Environment, Sustainable Development / Food, Health, Tourism / Gender Studies / Organizational Learning and Social Change / Public policies, Governance, State / Risk / Training, professional Qualifications / Universities, Higher Education, Research / Work, Labor and living conditions
4 scientific research axes
this research group specifically aims at understanding changes in Gender, labor, wages, careers and specific segments of professional worlds.
- Master Genre, Egalité et Politiques Sociales (GEPS), University Toulouse – Jean JaurèsEuropean MASTER EGALES (Lifelong Learning Programme, ERASMUS Curriculum Development projects)
- Master Sociologie des Organisations et de l’Action Publique (SOAP), University Toulouse – Jean Jaurès / University of Social Sciences and Humanities, Vietnam
this research group focuses on the Food and Health Fields, both on their relationships and on the dynamics of each.
- Master en Alimentation, ISTHIA University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
this research group studies the controversies linked to environmental issues, energy policies, expertise processes, risk and Tourism Studies.
- Master Tourisme Hôtellerie , ISTHIA University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
- Professional Master in International Hospitality Management – Taylor’s University, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (ISTHIA University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès)
- Master Politique environnementale et Pratiques Sociales (PEPS), University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
- Master 2 Information Communication – Médiations Socio-Techniques (ICMST), University of Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier
this research group gathers Researchers who are working on the links between governance, government and markets, as well as on the growing similarities and the remaining differences between the public and private spheres.
- Master Recherche et Études Sociologiques (RES), University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
- Master Métiers de l’Enseignement et de la Formation (MEEF) – Sciences Economiques et Sociales, ESPE Toulouse – University of Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
Marie-Gabrielle SURAUD, Full Professor in Communication Sciences – Université Toulouse III-Paul Sabatier
Philippe LEMISTRE, Sociology and Education economics, Research engineer (Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches) – Céreq
Catherine SOLDANO, Associate Professor Sociology – Université Toulouse – Jean Jaurès
updated october 2018